Details for Northwest Region ESD Columbia County NOW HIRING
Northwest Regional ESD is hiring full time Instructional Assistant positions in Columbia County. Work in Early Childhood Special Education classrooms with children age 3-5. Several open positions (inc.bilingual). Apply at NWRESD.org job 2136.
Position Title: Instructional Assistant
Location: Columbia Service Center
Reports To: EI/ECSE Coordinator
Compensation: Support Services Salary Schedule - Range D
Bargaining Unit: OSEA
FTE: .85/34 hours per week
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position carries out program activities as planned and scheduled by licensed personnel and provides instruction to individual and small groups as directed by the licensed staff. This position monitors student safety and behavior in various settings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with the following: e-mail (MS Outlook), internet software and word processing (MS Word).
- Ability to lift students from a wheel chair to the floor and back and on and off of a changing table.
- Certificates as determined by the District including a valid driver’s license and CPR certificate as well as instruction in bloodborne pathogens. Other training as required by District.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Essential functions: Include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other Duties may be assigned. The duties listed below are not inclusive, but characteristic of the type and level of work assigned for this position.
- Prepares instructional materials under direction of licensed teacher.
- Provides instruction under the direction of licensed teacher.
- Assists teacher in working with students to complete assignments.
- Assists teacher in grading and recording students' assignments.
- Takes and maintains data as needed and required by licensed teacher.
- Assists students with restroom needs as directed.
- Maintains students' safety and monitors appropriate behavior at recess, in class and during bus loading and unloading. Notes discipline issues and completes proper paperwork for reporting such incidents.
- Participates in restraint training as required.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Washes and dries children's clothing as needed.
- Washes dishes and toys as directed.
- Sanitizes desks, tables, straws, oral motor equipment and other items as directed.
- Arranges classroom furniture as directed
Trending This Week
- New Details: Suspect in police chase facing multiple criminal charges
- Most Viewed / Big Drug Bust: Largest meth seizure in Oregon history
- Politics: Sen. Betsy Johnson announces she wants to be Oregon Governor
- Police Blotter: Bicycle crashes into cop car
- Developing: Port issues open letter 'possible misuse of Port funds'
- Pandemic: Columbia County sees 3 more deaths
- UPDATE / Police capture burglary suspect
- Cornelius Pass Closure: Night work project
- Trending / Economy: Where did all the restaurant and hotel workers go?
- Pump Pain: Gasoline prices heading up in Columbia County