Forget-Me-Not Café is a free event for those with memory loss and their family care partners and friends. Enjoy conversation, music, dancing, activities, laughter, refreshments and fun from 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the St. Helens Senior Center, 375 S. 15th St., St. Helens. RSVP is appreciated but drop-ins are always welcome. Contact Mandi McFarland, Family Caregiver Support Program 503-366-6545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Columbia 9-1-1 Communications District Board of Directors Regular Meeting
1 p.m. at the Columbia 9-1-1 Communications District Meeting Room
Meet the Mayor
Come to this informal meeting from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. at City Hall, 1840 Second St., Columbia City, Oregon to discuss any concerns or ideas you have for improving our city.
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. InRoads Scappoose Branch, 52691 Columbia River Highway. Do you have a pile of sensitive mail and other papers that need to be shredded? Bring up to three boxes or bags of paper to the InRoads Credit Union Shred Day event and we’ll shred it for free.
Email Marketing 101 For Small Business
5:30-7 p.m. at the South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce office, 2194 Columbia Blvd. St. Helens. Call 503-397-0685 to register. Cost is $25.
Columbia Humane Society Vaccination Clinic
Noon – 4 p.m. at the Rainier Fire Station, 211 West 2nd St., Rainier. All vaccines offered at a reduced cost. Proceeds from the vaccines help support Columbia Humane Society. To pre-register please call 503-369-7643 or email email@example.com.
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Bethany Lutheran Church, 34721 Church Rd., Warren, Oregon. Book and bake sale, consignment items, soup, sandwich, pie, quilt raffles and more. For more information, contact Diane at 503-396-6742.
Valentines for Vets - Elks Veterans Bunker
5 p.m. Doors open, 6 p.m. Flag Ceremony with dinner to follow. Silent auction followed by LIVE auction starting at 7:30 p.m. This is the 5th annual Gala Fundraiser dinner and auction at Buccini Hall, St. Frederic Church, 165 S. 14th St., St. Helens. Go to ElksVeteransBunker.org to purchase tickets. Call 503-410-5225 or 503-369-7635 for sponsorship or to donate auction items.
Columbia County Oregon Beekeepers and OSU Extension Service presents: 2020 Bee School 101
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at OSU Columbia County Extension, 505 N Columbia River Hwy, St. Helens. $40 if registered by Feb. 1, $45 if registered after Feb. 1, $20 scholarship available for students and those in need. Please call Linda Zahl at 503-799-7073 for information. Refreshments provided. Bring a sack lunch. Topics include: honeybee biology, tools and woodworking, acquiring bees, disease and pathogens, hive manipulations for honey protection, gardening for pollinators and more.
10 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Bethany Lutheran Church, 34721 Church Rd., Warren, Oregon. Book and bake sale, consignment items, soup, sandwich, pie, quilt raffles and more. For more information, contact Diane at 503-396-6742.
Apprenticeship Trade Forum
10 a.m. - noon at the St. Helens High School Auditorium, 2375 Gable Rd, St. Helens, Oregon. The Apprenticeship Coordinators group of Oregon and SW Washington will be presenting information about building trades, training programs, qualifications, benefits, requirements, and available occupations.
South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce After Hours
4:30-7:30 p.m. Avamere at St. Helens, 2400 Gable Rd. in St. Helens. Avamere is celebrating its 20th anniversary in St. Helens as a premier Senior Living Community with a party. Food, beverages and entertainment by Riverboat Danny on Keyboards will be presented. For more details, call 503-397-0685.
Columbia County Bridal Expo
11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Meriweather Place, 1070 Columbia Blvd., St. Helens. Fashion show begins at 2 p.m. Stop by to learn about wedding cakes, event planners, photography, accessories, officiants, catering, flowers, music, giveaways, samples and more. Free admission. For more information please call 503-397-3026.
Columbia County Job Fair
9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Columbia River Four Square Church, 555 Commons Dr., St. Helens, Oregon.
Columbia County Local Emergency Planning Committee Meeting
1 p.m. - 2 p.m. at 58611 McNulty Way, St. Helens.
To list an event in the Community Calendar, email details with a phone number that may be published for anyone that might have questions, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503-397-0116.
On Going Events
• St. Helens Lions Club meets at 6:30 p.m. every first and third Monday at the Village Inn. Call 503-369-1005 for more information.
• Community Action Team Board of Directors meetings from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the fourth Monday of every month in the CAT boardroom, 125 N. 17th St., St. Helens. No meetings on Monday holidays.
• VFW Post #1440 meets at 7 p.m. every second Monday at the Elks Club. For details, call David Belden at 503-397-2147.
• Genial Genealogists meeting from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the first Monday of each month in the auditorium at the St. Helens Library.
• Manga/Anime Club meets from 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the St. Helens Library. If you enjoy reading manga, watching anime, listening to J-pop or watching K-dramas. Ages 12 to 18. No meeting on May 27.
• Oregon Hunters Association Columbia County Chapter membership meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Kozy Korner Restaurant in St. Helens. Come at 6:30 p.m. for some good food and visiting.
• The Greater St. Helens Aquatic District Board Meetings from 5 to 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month in the Eisenschmidt Pool Basement.
• The Columbia County Fair Board Meetings take place at 6 p.m. on the second Monday of each month in the 4-H Building, 58892 Saulser Rd. (No meeting in December).
• St. Helens MS Self-Help Group meets on the third Monday of every month from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Columbia Center, Armstrong Room, 375 18th St., St. Helens, OR. Contact Sheryl Adair at 503-410-0752.
• St. Helens TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets at 5 p.m. for weigh in and 5:30 p.m. for meeting at Avamere Assisted Living on the third floor in the Craft Room, 2400 Gable Rd., St. Helens. www.tops.org.
• Kiwanis Day Breakers Club meets at 7 a.m. at the Village Inn, 535 S. Columbia River Highway, St. Helens. For more details contact Marilyn at 503-396-0939.
• McNulty Water People’s Utility District Board Meeting is at 7 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month at 34240 Millard Road, Warren.
• Baby Storytime at 10:15 a.m. at the St. Helens Library. Caregivers with children ages six months to two years are invited to join for stories, fingerplays, songs, bounces, tickles, and other activities that support early brain development, language acquisition, and motor skill growth. Stay after for free play.
• The Columbia County Law Library will be holding Court Forms Clinics every Tuesday from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. (weather permitting). Get help filling our court forms commonly used in the Columbia County courthouse. The forms are free and the clinic is free. Sign up is required and is available at the courthouse Mon. – Fri. from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. or at the Law Library Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. 270 S. First St., St. Helens. Questions, contact 503-396- 5344, or email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Community Meal in the Parish Hall at First Lutheran Church, St. Helens from 5:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Free dinner. For more details on how to help, or volunteer, call 503-397-0090.
• Rotary Club of Columbia County – St. Helens meeting is held at the Warren Country Inn at 12 p.m. For more information, call 503-397-2341.
• Columbia SWCD meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m., 35285 Millard Rd., St. Helens. December’s meeting will be held at 6 p.m.
• Toddler Storytime at 11:15 a.m. at the St. Helens Library. Bring your two- and three-year old’s for songs, stories, dances, wiggles and more. Designed to support early brain development, language acquisition, and motor skill growth. Stay after for free play.
• Lawyer in the Law Library is a series of talks about common legal problems. Meeting are on the second Wednesday of each month from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. A lawyer will provide basic information and answer your questions about the topic of the evening. Columbia County Law Library, 270 S. First St., St. Helens. Call 503-396-5344 with questions.
• Dementia Support Group meets the second Wednesday of the month from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. at Avamere at St. Helens, 2400 Gable Rd. Call 503-366- 8070 for more information.
• Stay-And-Play Storytime from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. in the Scappoose Library Meeting Room. Young children are invited for songs, stories, finger plays, and rhymes. After story time, the kids will have time to play with fun toys and interact with each other. This program is geared toward preschool ages, but kids of all ages are welcome to attend.
• Port of Columbia County Board of Commissioners hold meetings at 8:30 a.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Port of Columbia County office, 100 E St., Columbia City.
• Kiwanis Club of St. Helens meets at 12 p.m. at the Elks Club. For more information call 503-397-6503.
• The VFW Auxiliary meets the second Thursday of each month at the St. Helens Senior Center at 1 p.m. Call Sherry at 503-397-2147 for more information.
• First Thursday is a regular community meeting at 7 p.m. with the St. Helens Police Department held on the first Thursday of each quarter at Columbia Center's auditorium, 375 S 18th St. in St. Helens. A new topic is presented at each meeting by a police officer, or police staff, related to community safety, crime prevention, police services, or seasonal-specific safety information. For more details, call 503-397-3333.
• Fiber Fanatics meet Thursdays from 10 a.m. – noon in the Armstrong Room at the St. Helens Library. Join others who knit, crochet, spin, weave, needle point, cross-stitch, rug hook, and/or embroider in a relaxed setting. Bring a snack and enjoy conversations.
• Columbia Arts Guild meets Thursdays at 10 a.m. in the auditorium at the St. Helens Library. Bring your own art to work on. All disciplines of art welcome.
• Preschool Storytime at 11:15 a.m. at the St. Helens Library. Bring your three to five-year-old and their caregivers for stories, songs and dances with scientific inquiry and artistic expression in order to support children’s development and growth.
• River City Singers seeks new members for community chorus, directed by Alice Boyer. First United Methodist Church, 560 Columbia Blvd., St. Helens from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. This is a non-audition choir. For more information call 503-396-0939, or come to any rehearsal.
• Community Meal in the Parish Hall at First Lutheran Church, St. Helens from 5:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Free dinner. For more details on how to help or volunteer call 503-397-0090.
• ASD Family Support Group meets every first Thursday from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at 52588 NE 2nd St., Scappoose, Oregon. Adults only, no kiddos please Bring a snack to share. Receive support, encouragement and help your family thrive with ASD. For details, contact Sharrie Kreins, at 503-396-3361.
• The Scappoose Rural Fire District and Columbia River Fire and Rescue will have joint board meetings on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. Meetings in the months of January, March, May, July, September and November will be held at 58611 McNulty Way, St. Helens, Oregon and meetings held in the months of February, April, June, August, October and December will take place at 33342 SW Meadow Dr., Scappoose Oregon.
• Veteran’s Breakfast at the Village Inn in the Banquet Room the first Friday of every month. Doors open at 7 a.m. and the meeting starts at 8 a.m. Guest speakers will discuss topics that are important to local Veterans and their families. All veterans are welcome to attend.
• Little Builders for Pre-schoolers from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in the Scappoose Library Meeting Room. Build fun projects using pulleys, cogs, wheels, and Legos and enter the world of STEM for kids. We will explore how things work, build new worlds and have fun too.
• American Legion meet the first Friday of each month at 8 a.m., America’s Best Value Inn, 535 S. Columbia Highway, St. Helens. The meetings are held in the meeting room behind the lounge.
• St. Helens Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution have a Social Sweet Tea from 2 p.m. - 4p.m. every Friday at Caples House Museum. (no social on the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas) There is a $5 fee that goes to the Caples House Museum.
• The Ukulele Group meets Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the auditorium in the St. Helens Library. Please call the St. Helens Public Library at 503-397-4544 to register.
• Ukulele Extra Hour – Instruction in Ukulele Topics is an extra hour of instruction and coaching to extend your musical skills on the ukulele. This is generally scheduled on the second Saturday of each month (check the Library schedule for any specific month) from noon – 1 p.m. at the St. Helens Library.
• The St. Helens Writers’ Guild meets the second Saturday of each month from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. in the Armstrong Room at the St. Helens Library. Open to all writers.
• NAMI Columbia County Support Group, National Alliance on Mental Illness, meets on the second Saturday of every month from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. at the Elks Veterans Bunker, 125 S. 13th St., St Helens, Oregon. For more information, contact Judy Thompson, at 503-397-6056, or contact NAMI Oregon, at 503- 230-8009.
• Writers Write. Will be held on the first and third Saturday of each month from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at the St. Helens Library Auditorium. Join your fellow writers in silent word sprints, encourage each other, exchange ideas and write. Open to writers of all ages, backgrounds, and introvert levels.
• St. Helens Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution meet every second Saturday at noon at Caples House Museum in Columbia City.
• Resonate Recovery from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. at 220 S. 1st St, St. Helens. Bible based, Christ-centered spiritual recovery meeting for those struggling with addictions and compulsive behavior. Everyone is loved and welcomed. Free childcare during meeting for infants through sixth grade. For more information, contact Bert @ 503-475-3586, or bnewton@ acacialumber.com, Debbie @ 503-560-0521, or check the “Resonate” Facebook page.