A cigarette butt is suspected in a fire response at a Motel 6. An occupant at the motel reportedly noticed the fire and called 911.

Firefighters were dispatched early Tuesday, Sep. 3, to the Motel 6 on Columbia River Highway. A spokesman for Columbia River Fire & Rescue said a small fire was contained in a second-floor walkway, most likely started by an "improperly discarded cigarette butt."

A single fire engine crew of was sent to the scene, arriving within five minutes of being dispatched. The crew located the fire and extinguished it with a water can. It was estimated that $500 of damage was suffered.

0
0
0
0
2

Online Poll

Would you discourage your kids from playing football?

You voted:

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.