SNAP Funding

Columbia County residents now have until Oct. 19 to apply for replacement Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, the Oregon Department of Human Services announced Thursday. 

The extended deadline is for residents who lost food due to the power outages and wildfires from September. To request replacement SNAP benefits, Columbia County recipients can call the St. Helens Self Sufficiency program office at 503-397-1784 and submit required information over email, fax or standard mail. 

Recipients must fill out a form or a signed and dated written request that describes how their food was destroyed, what food they lost, what date they lost the food and the monetary value of each item to receive replacement benefits. 

SNAP is a federal food assistance program that aides approximately one million eligible low-income families and individuals in Oregon.


Online Poll

Are you voting in the Nov. 3 General Election?

You voted:

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.