Support local journalism by subscribing today! Click Here to see our current offers.

Columbia River Fire & Rescue (CRFR) crews rushed to to a residential fire on Frantz Street in St. Helens shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday night.

The first arriving personnel found the homeowner using a garden hose attempting to extinguish a fire from the outside of the residence, according to a CRFR Facebook post. The fire was located in the bathroom and the resident was spraying water through the bathroom window.

Fire Scene

A Columbia River Fire & Rescue crew member rolls up a hose at the scene of the house fire in St. Helens.

While the fire was contained in the home's bathroom, there was significant smoke damage throughout the structure, according to crews on the scene.

CRFR investigators said due to working smoke detectors alerting the resident, the resident's quick actions, along with rapid response and containment by the fire crews. the house was saved.

The cause of the fire and the estimated damage was not immediately available.


Online Poll

Are you going to buy Girl Scout Cookies this season?

You voted:

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.