One person has been arrested following a shooting in the area of Hods Lane near St. Helens.
The investigation by the Columbia County Sheriff's Office (CCSO) unfolded Monday, Jan. 16. The Columbia County Major Crimes Team (MCT) was also dispatched to the scene to investigate the shooting.
The shooting victim has been identified as 67-year-old Thomas Norman Barker of St. Helens. Barker was taken by Life Flight to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center Hospital in Portland with life threatening injuries. His condition was not available as of Tuesday, Jan. 17.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.