One person faces criminal charges after reports of shots fired at a local business.
St. Helens Police officers were dispatched to a reported shooting which occurred at the St. Helens McDonald’s at 58771 South Columbia River Highway at 11:28 p.m. Friday, April 28.
Callers reported a road rage incident involving a motorcycle and a maroon SUV which eventually led to the driver of the SUV firing a gun at the motorcyclist and fleeing the scene. When officers arrived on scene, the motorcyclist had already left the location.
Police would like to take a statement from the unidentified motorcyclist who was almost shot and are urging this individual to contact the St. Helens Police Department by calling 503-397-1521.
Officers interviewed witnesses at the scene who reported that a road rage incident occurred between the SUV and motorcycle as they were driving toward St. Helens from Scappoose.
Following the road rage incident, witnesses then observed a confrontation between the drivers which occurred in the McDonald’s drive-thru. The SUV driver fired a single round at the motorcyclist and then fled the scene, according to a release from St. Helens Police.
Witnesses checked the motorcyclist for injury and reported that he was not struck by the gunfire. Witnesses were unable to identify the motorcyclist.
Police located a bullet at the scene which was seized as evidence.
A Columbia County Sheriff’s deputy located a maroon SUV in Columbia City and conducted a traffic stop. St. Helens detectives responded to the location and executed a search warrant. Police located a loaded gun and a spent shell casing inside the vehicle.
The driver of the SUV, Donald Brown, 56, was taken into custody and lodged at Columbia County Jail on charges of Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Reckless Endangering, Menacing, Reckless Driving, and DUII.
This is an active investigation. If you have any information about this case, please call St. Helens Police at 503-397-1521.
Welcome to the discussion.
1. Be Civil. No bullying, name calling, or insults.
2. Keep it Clean and Be Nice. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
3. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
4. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
5. Be Proactive. Let us know of abusive posts. Multiple reports will take a comment offline.
6. Stay On Topic. Any comment that is not related to the original post will be deleted.
7. Abuse of these rules will result in the thread being disabled, comments denied, and/or user blocked.
8. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.